Match of the night is undoubtedly at Villa Park this evening where Aston Villa can leapfrog champions, Manchester City.
Aston Villa’s 22 league wins this year is only bettered by tonight’s visitors and they’re on a run of 13 successive wins at home in the Premier League.
Although Villa haven’t won any of the last 15 editions of this fixture they’ll have seldom fancied their chances more than tonight.
City haven’t been firing on all cylinders, their last four matches have finished 4-4, 1-1, 3-2 and 3-3 so they’re there to be got at it and Villa might feel they’re due a win in this one at 10/3.
A notable absence for City will be Rodri. Most people know by now that he’s become a talismanic figure under Pep Guardiola but he’s suspended for tonight and the Citizens have lost the last four in which he was missing.
Villa Park will be bouncing and if the hosts can get their noses in front will be hard to beat. The 10/3 is very tempting as is the 13/8 on two or more goals for the home side.
Brighton look fairly priced at 20/21 to get the better of Brentford at the Amex. The Seagulls have been unpredictable this season but have only lost once at home.
Punters will rightly be wary of recent draws at home to Sheffield Utd and Fulham but on their day Brighton are a match for anyone in the league and at almost even money are worth siding with.
Neither Manchester United nor Chelsea have had a season to remember so far.
Pressure is building on Erik ten Hag with rumours of dressing room issues gathering momentum. The most damning stat for the Red Devils is a paltry 16 goals in 14 games – only four other teams have scored fewer – which makes them look vulnerable against a Chelsea side that have scored 4-4-1-3 in their last four outings.
The bookies actually make the Blues favourites at Old Trafford at 7/5 versus Man Utd’s 15/8, which is a bit disappointing from a punting point of view. The alternative is to back Chelsea to score two or more at evens but it’s worth remembering that United have the fourth best defensive record in the league.
- Aston Villa to score 2+ goals 13/8 Bet365
- Brighton to win 20/21 SBK
- Chelsea +0.00/+0.50 on Asian Handicap 2.100 Bet365
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- Wednesday’s Goals Accumulator Tips: Today’s 5/1 Both Teams to Score & Total Team Goals Acca
- Football Bet of the Day: Czech Mladá Boleslav & Viktoria Plzeň For Goals on Wednesday
- Wed 19:30 Sheffield United vs Liverpool
- Wed 19:30 Brighton & Hove Albion vs Brentford
- Wed 19:30 Crystal Palace vs AFC Bournemouth
- Wed 19:30 Fulham vs Nottingham Forest
- Wed 19:45 Celtic vs Hibernian
- Wed 20:00 Hearts vs Rangers
- Wed 20:15 Aston Villa vs Manchester City
- Wed 20:15 Manchester United vs Chelsea
- Thu 19:30 Everton vs Newcastle United
- Thu 20:15 Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United
Talis Evolvere was a 7/2 winner for Rizzel on Tuesday. With Jumps racing likely to remain on Wednesday, Rizzel has two fancies at Haydock.
As always, post your tips for today in the comments section below.