European midweeks usually mean a truncated Saturday Premier League card and there’s not much standing out in this week’s fixtures.
Crystal Palace have caused Man City problems at the Etihad in recent seasons but they go there in rotten form at the moment. City at 1/5 aren’t backable, especially with Erling Haaland a doubt.
The less said about Chelsea v Sheffield United the better. At 2/9 the Blues are about as short as they’ve been all season but they’re still struggling for any kind of form and couldn’t be trusted at that price.
Bournemouth’s brilliant 3-0 win at Old Trafford raised a few eyebrows and it’s now four wins in five for Andoni Iraola’s men. They’ll be popular at home against third-bottom Luton Town. A win for the Cherries coupled with two or more goals for the hosts pays 4/6.
It’s been a torrid week or so for Eddie Howe who has watched his side crash out of Europe, suffer two defeats on the road whilst conceding nine goals in the process.
But the Magpies can bounce back today with a home win over Fulham. The Cottagers will be full of confidence for their trip to St James’ Park after two consecutive 5-0 wins at home, but they’ve won just once on their travels – on the opening day at Everton.
Newcastle boast a home record of 7-0-1 so ordinarily they should be shorter than 5/6. A mix of recent form and mounting injuries means we can cash in on that price as Howe’s men seek to stop the rot.
In the Championship the ‘Old Farm’ derby kicks things off at lunchtime. High-flying Ipswich Town should make home advantage pay at 8/13 versus rivals Norwich City.
In-form Leeds Utd remain unbeaten at home (W7 D3) and can get back to winning ways following a 1-0 loss at Sunderland. Visitors Coventry are improving but you can’t back against Leeds at Elland Road.
The Ipswich / Leeds Double pays 6/4.
We’re back on the corners trail with Celtic today. The Hoops delivered for us last week hitting over three first half corners despite defeat at Rugby Park. Punters have snapped up the 11/10 on offer for a repeat today against Hearts and it’s now in to 4/6.
The Hoops have hit 11, 12, 13, 11, 13, 12, 11, & 9 in their last eight domestic matches and it’s 1/1 for them reach 9 or more today which looks worth taking on.
Stephen Robinson can pile the pressure on his former club, Motherwell with at St Mirren Park. Well haven’t won in 13 and having been third earlier in the season could find themselves second bottom in the table by 5pm.
The Buddies are 19/20 to grab the three points but a slightly more generous 6/5 to score two or more against a Motherwell side who have kept just one clean sheet all season.
Morton have won their last two in the Championship and will fancy making it three in a row against Queen’s Park who haven’t won since August and remain managerless following the departure of Robin Veldman. 11/10 on the Ton is too tempting to ignore.
Match of the day is at Tannadice where the top two meet. Raith Rovers having been leaving things late recently, their last five winning goals have come in the 93rd, 92nd, 94th, 82nd and 95th minutes. That shows great resolve but isn’t sustainable. Dundee Utd should get the job done but are way too short at 4/7.
The odds are much closer for the top of the table clash in League One where Hamilton host Falkirk. The sides drew 0-0 earlier in the season and there’s likely to be little between them today again. The draw is 11/5.
Scotland’s form team is Cove Rangers who have won seven in a row. They’ll be popular on accas at 8/11 at home to Alloa.
As will Peterhead who host bottom side Clyde in League Two. The Bully Wee have only won once all season and the arrival of Ian McCall in the dugout has yet to yield a major upturn in fortunes.
The Peterhead / Cove Double pays 8/5.
For more tips this weekend, tune in to Greg and Selectabet's preview of the Scottish card on the Gambla Podcast below and don't miss Gerry Taylor's run down of the weekend's card on his quickfire Podcast here.
- Ipswich & Leeds Win Double 6/4 Bet365
- Peterhead & Cove Rangers Win Double 8/5 Bet365
To Score 2+ Treble
- St Mirren to score 2+
- Morton to score 2+
- Cove Rangers to score 2+
- Treble pays 13/2 Bet365
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- EFL Betting Tips: Fleetwood vs Peterborough, Stevenage vs Exeter & Ipswich vs Norwich
- European BTTS Tips: Goals in Spain, Italy & Holland
- Scott Allot's Euro Tips: Leipzig can hassle the Hoff
- Saturdays’ Goals Accumulator Tips: Today’s 11/2 Both Teams to Score, Over 2.5 Goals & Total Team Goals Acca
- Football Bet of the Day: Expect an Entertaining East Anglian Derby at Saturday Lunchtime
- SlipsTips Tips: Cove Rangers vs Alloa
- Scottish Tips: Best Bets at Morton, Kelty Hearts and St Mirren
- Weekend Football Action: Standard Liege vs Charleroi, West Brom vs Stoke, and Las Palmas vs Cadiz
- Sat 12:30 Ipswich Town vs Norwich City
- Sat 15:00 Celtic vs Heart of Midlothian
- Sat 15:00 Newcastle United vs Fulham
- Sat 15:00 Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Sat 15:00 AFC Bournemouth vs Luton Town
- Sat 15:00 Chelsea vs Sheffield United
- Sat 17:30 Burnley vs Everton
- Sat 20:00 Valencia vs Barcelona
- Sun 14:00 Arsenal vs Brighton and Hove Albion
- Sun 14:00 West Ham United vs Wolves
- Sun 15:00 Rangers vs Aberdeen
- Sun 16:30 Liverpool vs Manchester United
For Day 2 of the Christmas Cheltenham meeting Rizzel has two selections, as well as his NAP running in the last race at Doncaster.
- Racing tips: The return to decent racing ground should be enough for Forward Plan to get another win
As always, post your tips for today in the comments section below.