You’d have got incredible odds at the start of the season on Aston Villa to be top of the Premier League at Christmas but with one just round of fixtures to go its now a 15/1 shot.
If the Villans win by four or more against relegation-threatened Sheffield United AND Liverpool and Arsenal draw at Anfield on Saturday night, Unai Emery’s men will be top for the arrival of Santa Claus.
That four-goal winning margin isn’t out of the question but any kind of victory tonight will at least guarantee second spot for Villa for Christmas Day.
Emery’s men have been sensational at home. Its now 15 wins on the trot and a huge 25 wins at Villa Park in the league in 2023. Their annual points tally of 81 is only bettered by Manchester City so they’re up near the summit on merit.
By contrast, Sheffield United are the only side in the top flight yet to win away from home so it’s easy to see why Villa are 1/5 for the win. They should probably be shorter.
There’s no doubt that the required four goal win will have been discussed, so we should expect Villa to go for it once they get their noses in front. It’s 10/3 that they manage it or you can have 6/4 that they win by three or more which shouldn’t be too far away.
Raith Rovers opened up a four point gap on Dundee United with a brilliant win at Tannadice last weekend.
Both sides are in action tonight with the win double looking attractive at 17/10.
United have been better away from home that on home soil and should enjoy the big pitch at Queen’s Park who haven’t won since August.
Rovers might not have things all their own way against Ayr but they’ll be buzzing after that win last week and should get the job done.
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- Football Bet of the Day: Cambuur to Continue to Entertain us In Front of Goal
- English Football: Aston Villa v Sheffield United, Leeds v Ipswich & Chesterfield v Aldershot
- Fri 19:45 Queen's Park vs Dundee United
- Fri 19:45 Salernitana vs AC Milan
- Fri 20:00 Aston Villa vs Sheffield United
- Sat 12:30 West Ham United vs Manchester United
- Sat 12:30 Leeds United vs Ipswich Town
- Sat 15:00 Celtic vs Livingston
- Sat 15:00 Tottenham Hotspur vs Everton
- Sat 15:00 Nottingham Forest vs Bournemouth
- Sat 15:00 Fulham vs Burnley
- Sat 15:00 Luton Town vs Newcastle United
- Sat 17:30 Liverpool vs Arsenal
- Sat 19:45 Roma vs Napoli
Rizzel has selected a 2pt NAP for Friday's racing, as well as a 9/1 EW fancy. Both of today's horses run at Ascot.
As always, post your tips for today in the comments section below.