WE'RE finally here and the new Scottish and English league seasons kick off with two interesting games.
They're not easy games to call but hopefully get goals in both. Luton were unbeaten in League One last season so this won't be easy for Jonathan Woodgate's visitors who will have one eye on a return to the Premier League.
Dundee, also under a new rookie boss in James McPake, won their Betfred Cup group without conceding and will be desperate to make a winning start in their bid to return to the top flight.
Dunfermline also qualified for the last 15 of the Betfred Cup and sides rarely get it easy at East End Park. Both have scored in six of the last eight meetings between the sides.
Check out today's other posts
- Don't miss my antepost preview for the English Football League ahead of the big kick-off
- Greg's NAP from French Ligue 2 and his goals specials
- Grant previews tonight's Scottish Championship opener between Dunfermline and Dundee
- Kevin focuses on the English Championship where Luton host Middlesbrough
- Thommo's NAP comes from Musselburgh plus he has three tips for the big meeting at Goodwood
- Newcomer Scott Kettles previews Saturday's UFC card in New Jersey suggesting 13-8 and 6-5 chances
Elsewhere there are Dutch and Belgian league matches as well as Greg's favourite Ligue 2 so plenty to consider.
As usual my focus is on Saturday's games and but I've picked out a treble I hope lands.
Well done to all the winners including HullShaker and Scott with another nice Member's Bet of the Day success at 11-10.
Remember to check out WeLoveBetting for their tips and video chat and all their previews of the season ahead.
2pts Top Treble
- Zwolle v Willem over 2.5 goals (7pm)
- Dunfermline v Dundee over 1.5 goals (7.05pm)
- Bruges & over 1.5 match goals (7.30pm)
- (11-5, Ladbrokes)
4pts Daily Double
- Celtic (3pm, Sat), Rangers (1.30pm, Sun)
- (11-10, Marathonbet)
3pts Top Treble
- Celtic, Rangers, Hibs (3pm, Sat)
- (23-10, Marathonbet)
Mr Fixit's August Super Singles Total: -2pts
Mr Fixit's August Accas Total: +4pts