There’s an intriguing tie at Cappielow this evening to kick of the fifth round of the Scottish Cup. The BBC Scotland cameras are in Greenock for Championship side Morton’s clash with Motherwell.
Dougie Imrie’s ‘Ton are the form team in the second tier and are now unbeaten in 12. They’ve won at league leaders Dundee United and thumped Dunfermline 5-0 at East End Park last week, providing the perfect prep for the visit of the Steelmen.
Motherwell also won 5-0 last weekend, against ailing Ross County. That was just their second league win in 20 and will have given them a massive boost.
Morton are 13/5 to spring a surprise and book a place in the quarter-finals while it’s 21/20 that the Premiership side prevails.
With both sides hitting five last weekend goals could be on the cards. Despite not winning many, Motherwell have scored in each of their last six. Both teams to score is a disappointing 4/6, Over 2.5 is 4/5 and it’s 4/11 for Morton to score at least once.
Notts County’s 61 goals in League Two makes them the second highest scorers in the division. They drew blank on Saturday at Mansfield but prior to that their previous 12 games had seen 56 goals scored (avg 4.67 goals per game).
Visitors Gillingham aren’t quite as entertaining but they have netted in each of their last six. Over 2.5 pays 4/6 and doubling that with a goal for Morton pays over 6/5.
- Morton to score & Over 2.5 Goals at Notts County 127/100 Bet365
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- Football Bet of the Day: NEC Know Their Way to Goal
- Weekend Football: Braunschweig vs Karlsruher, Swindon vs Salford, and Heerenveen vs Ajax Clashes
- Fri 19:30 Morton vs Motherwell
- Fri 20:00 Sheffield Wednesday vs Birmingham City
- Sat 12:30 Manchester City vs Everton
- Sat 15:00 Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton and Hove Albion
- Sat 15:00 Liverpool vs Burnley
- Sat 15:00 Wolves vs Brentford
- Sat 17:30 Rangers vs Ayr United
- Sat 17:30 Nottingham Forest vs Newcastle United
- Sun 14:00 St Mirren vs Celtic
- Sun 14:00 West Ham United vs Arsenal
- Sun 16:30 Aston Villa vs Manchester United
- Sun 17:00 Airdrieonians vs Hearts
The DP World Tour continues in the Middle East before a break, with this week's Qatar Masters at Doha Golf Club, Doha, Qatar.
Handstands was a 3/1 winner on Thursday for Rizzel. For Friday he heads to Meydan for both of his fancies on the flat.
As always, post your betting tips for today in the comments section below.