THERE is a decent card at Ayr tonight with some competitive action and a big crowd expected.
No bet for me in the first race, and the second race looks like a toss up between the two dreams – Absolute Dream and DREAM OF HONOUR (6.05pm). At the prices I am siding with the latter who has been improving in his two runs so far and could improve again tonight.
In the third race I really like YES YOU who is probably my bet of the night. He might want the ground a bit softer but I don’t think that’s essential and he is the sort to keep on improving.
ORIENTAL LILLY is a strong favourite in the fourth race and looks a good bet to me. She is the form horse and is the one to be with here.
In the fifth race I fancy TESTA ROSSA as the value bet against the shortish favourite. Jim Goldie’s horse loves it at Ayr and has won here several times. This drop down in class should make things easier for him.
The form horse in the sixth race is NAPLES BAY who won over course and distance last time out and looks ready to win again.
I am treading carefully in the last race with a tentative each way bet on BRAES OF LOCHALSH. The favourite is hard to oppose having won over hurdles and on the flat (here, yesterday) but of the rest I would say Braes of Lochalsh is the most likely to run him close.
- 6.05pm – Dream Honour – 3pt win (3-1, William Hill, Ladbrokes)
- 6.35pm – Yes You – 4pt win (7-2, Bet365, Marathon)
- 7.05pm – Oriental Lilly – 4pt win (15-8, Betfair, Bet365, William Hill)
- 7.35pm – Testa Rossa – 2pt e/w (11-1, Betfair, Bet365, Paddy Power)
- 8.05pm – Naples Bay – 4pt win (11-4, Betfred, ToteSport)
- 8.35pm – Braes of Lochalsh 1pt e/w (10-1, Betway, Bet365)
New to horse racing? Check out our horse racing abbreviations guide as well as racebets for a fantastic welcome offer.