LASTIN’ MEMORIES (5.10) looks attractively weighted in the concluding 2m 2f handicap hurdle at Kelso.
The six-year-old has been well backed on occasions lately, going off second favourite before disappointing behind in-form Haul Us In here nine days ago. Castin’ Memories appeared to find the 2m 5f trip overtaxing and will be more at home over this shorter distance.
He was beaten less than a length on his previous start at Wetherby and his fifth to Instingtive at Ayr was a fair effort, with third horse Our Lucus winning since at Carlisle. If all eight runners go to post he is a cracking each-way bet in this conditional jockeys’ contest.
Micky Hammond has enjoyed a terrific season, often winning with big-price horses. He despatches two runners to Kelso, OSCAR O’SCAR (3.10) and SILVER TASSIE (3.40).
Oscar O’Scar ran well for a long way in the 3m 2f race on this card 12 months ago before weakening off the home bend. This 2m 5f intermediate trip will be more to his liking and comes here fresh having had a break since running Dica close at Sedgefield on Boxing Day.
Silver Tassie shoulders top weight but a repeat of his second to useful Smooth Stepper at Newcastle in February would put him firmly in the mix. Silver Tassie scored off this mark at Ayr last March and his most recent run at Wetherby when third to Gonalston Cloud was another solid effort.
- Kels0 5.10 – Castin Memories ew (9-2, Ladbrokes)
- Kelso 3.10 – Oscar O'Scar (7-2, Paddy Power)
- Kelso 3.40 – Silver Tassie ew (7-1, general)
Johnb's Monday Tips
- Kelso 2:40 – Chicoria 10-3 NAP
- Kelso 3:40 – Silver Tassie 7-1 eachway 1/5 odds 1-2-3 NB
- Kelso 4:10 – Mumgos Debut 9-2
- Leopardstown 5:00 – Brendan Bracken 9-4
- Windsor 5:25 – Bakht A Rawan 9-1 eachway 1/4 odds 1-2-3