RAINY DAY DYLAN (3.45) makes plenty of each-way appeal against a Paul Nicholls hotpot at Exeter.
Neil Mulholland’s gelding’s made all to score at Wincanton (heavy) in early January and has since held his form well. His most recent second to Colin Tizzard’s Brynmawr has been boosted by the winner’s subsequent placed efforts in better grade.
Nicholls’s warm favourite Choix Des Armes takes a big chunk out of the market so Rainy Day Dylan should be bet each-way at odds of around 13-2.
The card at Newmarket will be informative but is something of a minefield from a punting viewpoint. The bet 365 Feilden Stakes looks a match between Aidan O’Brien’s Kew Gardens and the Mark Johnston-trained MILDENBERGER (4.45).
There is precious little separating the pair on a line through Saturday’s winner Nelson but Mildenberger was a strapping boat of a horse last season and should be stronger this year as he fills out his frame.
With Betfred advertising five places, JUANITO CHICO (5.20) is worth an each-way nibble in the 7f Class 2 handicap.
William Jarvis has booked Jamie Spencer and Juanito Chico produced a devastating turn of foot to win from an unpromising position at Epsom in June. He was beaten head by this year’s Lincoln Handicap winner Addeyeb at Ascot and the progeny of his sire Pour Moi often mature as they get older.
- Exeter 3.45 – Rainy Day Dylan ew (13-2, bet365, William Hill)
- Newmarket 4.45 – Mildenberger (15-8, general)
- Newmarket 5.20 – Juanito Chico (8-1, bet365)
Johnb's Tuesday Tips
- Newmarket 1:50 – Robsdelight 10-1 eachway 1/5 odds 1-2-3
- Newmarket 2:25 – Port Swtan 4-1
- Newmarket 4:45 – Mildenberger 15-8 NAP
- Newmarket 5:20 – Juanito Chico 7-1 skybet 1/5 odds 1-2-3-4
- Fairyhouse 7:50 – Tintangle 3-1 skybet NB