BLUE MEDICI (7.35) has had the look of a horse holding something in reserve under pressure this summer but blinkers may do the trick at Ayr this evening.
Marjorie Fife’s three-year-old has come up short in tight finishes at Redcar nine days ago and at Ayr when second to Rock N Rolla.
ORIENTAL LILY (7.05) has had a most productive 2018, winning five times for Jim Goldie, and she has been found another opening. The filly has had a short break since running third to speedy Line Of Reason over course and distance. Stablemate Golden Steps has a big chance on the book but is a risky proposition after refusing to leave the stalls at Goodwood last Saturday.
Three horses which ran at Musselburgh yesterday will be worth watching if turned out this evening. MARKAN (5.35) could never get competitive but didn’t look entirely happy on the turning track. Ayr’s more galloping circuit may prove more suitable.
FOREVER A LADY (8.05) ran her usual honest race behind Crochet and has decent claims in an open event.
Kuiper Belt cruised to a narrow but emphatic victory and will be sent off odds-on to repeat that performance. This is a bit tougher and BRAES OF LOCHALSH (8.35) is the each-way bet at 12-1. He rarely runs a bad race at Ayr and caught Question Of Faith on a going day over 2m 1f here last time. The gelding is a past course and distance winner and good ground is ideal.
My main tips are on another post but they've been added here.
- Ayr 7.35 – Blue Medicic (2-1, Ladbrokes)
- Ayr 5.35 – Markan (3-1, William Hill)
- Ayr 7.05 – Oriental Lily (3-1, Unibet)
- Ayr 8.05 – Forever A Lady ew (6-1, bet365)
- Ayr 8.35 – Braes of Lochalsh ew (12-1, bet365)
- Chelmsford City 4.25 – Recordman (6-4, McBookie)
- Haydock 3.05 – Zaaki (9-4, McBookie
- Haydock 2.30 – Agrotera (2-1, Betfred, William Hill)
- Haydock 3.40 – War Glory ew (15-2, bet365)
- Ascot 2.15 – Nicholas T ew (12-1, Ladbrokes, Coral)
10:45 Stratford - Race: 1
11:00 Wincanton - Race: 1
11:15 Stratford - Race: 2