PRETTY POLLANNA (3.35) can put a disappointing run in the Cheveley Park Stakes 13 day ago behind her by landing the Group 1 bet365 Fillies’ Mile at Newmarket.
Danny Tudhope replaces Silvestre De Sousa and Pretty Pollyanna should have too much toe for Aidan O’Brien’s Hermosa, so impressive when staying on strongly to win a Group 3 at Naas only 12 days ago.
LIMATO (3.00) can repeat last year's victory in the Group 2 Challenge Stakes having won in Listed company the last twice, here on the July course and at York last month. Henry Candy’s gelding has a fine record at HQ and gets the vote over D’Bai.
ROCK EAGLE (4.10) should appreciate this stiffer test of stamina and Ray Beckett’s gelding is worth an interest in a cracking 1m 4f handicap. Rock Eagle wasn’t far behind Communique when fourth at the Qatar Goodwood Festival and is fancied to thwart Astronomer’s bid for a five-timer.
At York, CANFORD HEIGHTS (3.50) can defy an 8lb hike for his demolition job at Haydock a fortnight ago, while ALEMARATALYOUM (2.40) should go close to extending his winning run in the mile handicap.
- Newmarket 3.35 – Pretty Pollyanna (4-1, McBookie, William Hill, bet365, Ladbrokes)
- Newmarket 3.00 – Limato (2-1, Paddy Power, Betfred, bet365)
- Newmarket 4.10 – Rock Eagle (9-2, Betfred, Paddy Power)
- York 3.50 – Canford Heights (4-1, Paddy Power, Betfred, bet365)
- York 2.40 – Alemaratalyoum (13-2, McBookie, William Hill, Paddy Power, Betfred)