AD LIBITUM (8.55) had some decent yardsticks behind when beaten a neck at Ripon and could go one better at Haydock this evening.
Roger Fell’s gelding was touched off by Claire Underwood with better fancied Global Art and Junea well held in third and fourth. Ad Libitum is due to go up 3lb so is well enough treated if able to repeat that effort.
ZABEEL STAR (7.55) has been in terrific form at Hamilton, thumping Aclimatise before losing out in a photo to favourite Aasheq eight days ago.
BREXITMEANSBREXIT (3.40) wins the vote over hot favourite Marilyn at Yarmouth. Richard Hannon’s filly acquitted herself with credit behind Desert Diamond and Akvavera at York and she gets lumps of weight from the market leader. Marilyn is a dual course winner over a mile and there’s no reason to believe she shouldn’t cope with today’s extra two furlongs.
MUSHTAQ (4.10) should go well in the mile handicap if reproducing his third to useful Ostilio and Exhort at Newmarket in mid-May. Odds of around 6-1 overnight make him a solid each-way punt.
- Haydock 8.55 – Ad Libitum (4-1, bet365, Betfair)
- Haydock 7.55 – Zabeel Star (5-1, Ladbrokes, bet365)
- Yarmouth 3.40 – Brexitmeansbrexit (4-1, William Hill)
- Yarmouth 4.10 – Mushtaq each-way (6-1, Paddy Power, bet365)
Johnb's Thursday Tips
- Newbury 2.55 – Mrs Sippy 8-1 ew 1/5 odds 3 places
- Nottingham 3.5 – Bumble Bay 11-2
- Nottingham 3.50 – Muscika 6-4 NAP
- Yarmouth 4.10 – Glencadam Master 11-4 NB