OLBG Mares Hurdle
- 4.10 p.m.
- 2m 4f
- A race exclusively for mares
- Quevega won five years in a row and then Glens Melody won it for Willie Mullins again last year – making it 6 in a row for the trainer
- The fateful race where Annie Power fell at the final hurdle last year
Last year I made quite a cocky prediction that Annie Power would win this and it all looked great until she collided with the last flight and the bookies got out of jail as all the Tuesday accumulators went up in smoke.
This year, Annie Power is now going for the Champion Hurdle but lo and behold Willie Mullins has an alternative up his sleeve in the shape of VROUM VROUM MAG. She should win this doing handstands and whilst I don’t want to tempt fate again by saying she will win I would put her forward as a confident selection at 5/6. She is probably my ‘banker’ of the festival. She jumps confidently over both hurdles and fences, stays further than this and also has a turn of pace.
For those of you looking for a bit of each way value like last year (we managed to get Bitofapuzzle placed at 25/1) you could go with Bitofapuzzle again although she seems to have been aimed at chasing this season rather than hurdling and this is something of an afterthought. LILY WAUGH is one who has a bit to find to compete with the likes of Vroum Vroum and Polly Peachum but she is consistent and might be one that stays on up the hill to snatch a place at a bigger price after other horses have gone off too fast trying to keep up with Vroum Vroum.
- VROUM VROUM MAG – 4 pt win at 5/6 (Ladbrokes)
- LILY WAUGH – 0.5 pt each way at 25/1 (Ladbrokes)
- Already advised: Vroum Vroum Mag – antepost accumulator
Top Betting Offers for this Race:
- Get 7/1 Vroum Vroum Mag to win this race Claim Paddy Power offer here
- Get 5 x the odds on the favourite in this race Claim NetBet offer here
- Get your money back as a free bet if your horse finishes 2nd Claim BetBright offer here
- Get your money back as a free bet if your horse finishes 2nd Claim Paddy Power offer here
- Back a winner on Channel 4 at 4/1 or above and get a RISK FREE bet on the next Channel 4 race Claim bet365 offer here
- Get your money back if your horse finishes second to a Willie Mullins trained horse Claim BetVictor offer here