Racing Post Arkle Chase Tips
- 2.10 p.m.
- For ‘novice’ chasers – 5 year olds and upwards, usually have had some hurdling experience
A two mile chase for novice chasers that is usualy run at a breakneck speed. That can lead to some thrills and spills and also some stunning performances like Un De Sceaux last year and Sprinter Sacre a few years back. When a pacey horse with good jumping gets into a rhythm in this race he can leave the rest floundering and that’s exactly what I expect to happen with DOUVAN this year.
He was the best of these over hurdles and has looked simply stunning so far over fences. So what do we do? He’s a 4/11 shot at the time of writing – is there any point in having a bet? The answer to that in my view is that you have to decide if the 4/11 is good value and given Douvan’s strengths I think it probably is. I intend to put him in my accumulator as a ‘banker’ and I’ll recommend a staking plan for that in later posts along with some other selections from later in the week.
For those of you looking for an each way alternative I don’t see many genuine challengers in the line up but Sizing John might be the choice to follow Douvan home at around 9/1. He has already been beaten by Douvan but does look like the second best choice. I had thought that Garde La Victoire would run in the Arkle but he now looks more likely to run in the JLT Chase later in the week.
Prepare to be impressed by Douvan and enjoy this race for the spectacle that it hopefully tunrs out to be.
DOUVAN (Accumulator only) @ 4/11 (Ladbrokes)
Top Betting Offers for this Race:
- Get 5/1 on Douvan to win this race with 888Sport Claim 888Sport offer here
- Get 4/1 on Douvan to win this race, money back if it’s 2nd Claim Paddy Power offer here
- Get 5 x the odds on the favourite in this race Claim Netbet offer here
- Get your money back as a free bet if your horse finishes 2nd Claim BetBright offer here
- Back a winner on Channel 4 at 4/1 or above and get a RISK FREE bet on the next Channel 4 race Claim bet365 offer here
|Paddy Power||2 Up - You win! Paddy Power will pay you as a winner straight away if your team goes 2 goals up at any stage in the game. Ends Jan 9th.||CLAIM OFFER|
|Racebets||Use code WELCOME for up to £50 matched bonus when you join Racebets.||CLAIM OFFER|
|Marathonbet||Get a £20 matched bonus when you open a new account at Marathonbet. Use code TV20||CLAIM OFFER|
|Coral||Opt in to Coral's Bet & Get Club and receive a free £5 bet each week.||CLAIM OFFER|
|BetVictor||Bet £10 Get £60 when you open a new account at BetVictor.||CLAIM OFFER|