Final standings (settled bets in brackets): Chris 65p (16), Cammy £334.34 (22)
IT kind of went to the last day but the only way Cammy McDonald could have lost was to bet his remaining pot and blow it all.
He didn't do that of course and in the end scored a convincing win over top seed Chris Guy of Alexandria. Ironically Chris tipped 16-1 shot Joe Ledley to score first for Celtic v Dundee but couldn't back him with just 65p left.
Cammy placed four bets on Sunday to take his total to 22 and had two winners and two losers to finish with £334.34 from an original £1000. He may be down but he's not out and will his take his place in the quarter-finals.
Chris is consoled by a £10 free bet from Ladbrokes and that could pay if he picks Celtic's next first scorer correctly.
Next up it's Halid Abdul, Uganda v Al, Blackburn.
I'd remind players to post bets each day under the new thread that will be created after midnight. Stakes and Ladbrokes price must be included and if possible potential winnings. Also number your bets if you can as it makes it easier to keep track of them.
We need full names for this contest so anyone whose full name isn't listed below could you please send it as a comment.
I posted up the rules previously but just to make sure everything is in order and easy to follow I've re-capped them below again.
- All players will start their games with a mythical £1,000 betting fund and you can stake from £50 to £1,000 on any football bet provided Ladbrokes have priced it up.
- Stakes have to be quoted as do all prices and they have to be Ladbrokes' odds. If you're backing an accumulator please provide the individual odds as well the combined odds. Perms are not allowed. In-running bets are not allowed. And bets must only be on football.
- You can bet on any football market provided by Ladbrokes but winnings won't be allocated if no price is quoted. All tips must be posted before the start of the relevant event, for example by 2.59pm for a 3pm kick-off.
- Each person must over the course of the week-long contest must place a minimum of 20 bets so the £1,000 stake is utilised. This is to prevent a contestant sitting on his pot. Minimum take £50.
- Single or accumulated odds must be 1-4 or above.
- You cannot copy exactly the same bet as your opponent. You can however include the same bet in an accumulator that includes at least one different selection. A bet can't be cancelled once it's posted unless part or all of the bet is a non-runner, for example a first-scorer pick doesn't start or one game in an acumulator is postponed.
- The winner will be the person who has accumulated most winnings, including stakes, by the deadline for the tie. But if one of the players loses his £1,000 pot before the deadline his opponent will be declared the winner even if he hasn't placed 20 bets. However, if unsettled bets reduce his pot to zero it will be a draw with a tiebreaker required. Winnings can be staked so if your pot increases above £1,000 you have that money to play with. Stakes will be included in winning bets.
- In the unlikely event of a draw in any of the tipping head to heads there will be a tiebreak contest to decide the winner.
- All bets must have been settled by the close of the competition, i.e. by 23:59 on the Sunday evening otherwise the bet will be declared void.
- In the event of any disputes Mr Fixit's decision will be declare void.
Although there are prizes up for grabs please remember this is also a bit of fun.
1st rd results
David Smith, Airdrie beat Danny Taylor, Australia by KO
Mark Talbot, Manchester beat Chris Ford, Stirling by KO
Cammy McDonald, Livingston (£334.34) beat Chris Guy Alexandria (65p)
Week commencing 25th Feb: Halid Abdul, Uganda v Al, Blackburn
Week commencing 4th Mar: Craig Alves, Bathgate v Marc, Newcastle
Week commencing 11th Mar: Joe Gallacher v Scott McLeod, Livingston
Week commencing 18th Mar: Nick Murray, Corby v Sharon McDonald.
Week commencing 25th Mar: Al, Peterhead v Steve, Troon
1. David Smith
2. Mark Talbot
3. Cammy McDonald