THANKS to everyone who played day one of the naps contest – and remember you can enter at any time.
It's a bit of fun but of course everyone will love to be crowned naps king at the end of the game – and maybe even finish above our man johnb. There were 25 winners on day one with Nattydredsad leading after landing a 16-1 success.
We've teamed up with bet365 to give away four x £10 free bets to weekly winners plus £50 to the overall winner of the final.
Every week three people will qualify for the final and johnb will automatically take his place but will not be eligible for any of the prizes.
Raaljaca will be administering the contest and checking all the entries so I thank him for that. It's important to read the rules and remember SP will be used for all calculations.
On Tuesday the first race is at Southwell at 1.30pm so entries must be in by 1.20pm.
Here's how punters fared on in the first day.
DAY 1 LEADERBOARD
LORD CLEGG £5.50
MARKY MARK £5.00
LEE CUNLIFFE £3.75
CARSON FINCH £3.75
BIG DOLLOP £3.25
SAM TELFORD £3.25
RUSTY CHEST £2.62
DEANO 81 £2.62
BIG T £2.62
CRAIG ALVES £2.38
JOHN HENDERSON £2.38
SIMON P £2.38
SMOKE IT 34 £2.38
ALEX MCINTOSH £1.44
ALL OTHER ENTRIES CONSIST OF £0.00 IF YOU NAPPED A NON-RUNNER AND -£1 IF YOU NAPPED A LOSER.
ON TUESDAY'S THREAD PLEASE ONLY POST YOUR NAPS, ANY QUESTIONS ETC CAN BE POSTED ON JOHNB’S RACING THREAD. IF YOU HAVE POSTED YOUR PICK ONE THE DAY ONE THREAD PLEASE MOVE IT.
Here are the rules so read them carefully
1. Naps to be chosen from any meeting in the UK or Ireland.
2. Naps must be posted as a comment no less than 10 minutes before the FIRST race of the day. All other entries will be void.
3. Naps must be posted on the correct thread so wait until the new one is created. Only one nap per person please – if more than one is posted the first will be taken. No subs can be made for non-runners if the first race of the day has started.
4. When posting a nap list race venue, time, chosen runner, the word nap and bet365 price. For example Ascot, 3.10, Frankel (nap), 2-1 bet365. Put all other selections on the racing tips and chat thread.
5. At the end of each day a racing naps table will be updated and posted on the new thread. Naps will be calculated to a £1 win single at SP. No each-way bets, forecasts etc.
6. The contest will run for four weeks, each week from Monday to Saturday, starting Monday, February 10. The weekly winner will collect a £10 free bet from bet365 and the first three will qualify for the final. If one person wins more than once they will take the prize but the person finishing in fourth will progress.
7. The final will be played between the 12 qualifiers with the winner collecting a £50 free bet from bet365.