EPSOM trainer Simon Dow saddled two winners (Le Torrent and Sparkalot) at Kempton on Tuesday and has a live chance this evening with NATIVE FIGHTER (8.15).
Oisin Murphy rode a canny race to score on the four-year-old last month and he is back on board off a 5lb higher mark.
DE RASHER COUNTER (2.0) appeared to find three miles on heavy ground at Haydock too tough to handle when weakening into seventh behind Tommy Rapper.
The drop to 2m 4f at Newbury should see him in a better light and a repeat of his earlier unlucky run at Cheltenham when falling at the last flight behind Santini and Black Op would make De Rasher Counter hard to contain.
STRATEGIC HEIGHTS (2.10) has been placed in all four starts at Lingfield and he comes here on the back of a narrow success at Kempton 16 days ago.
Market rival Pulsating has the frustrating habit of missing the kick and might struggle to peg back the leaders around these tight turns.
- Kempton 8.15 – Native Fighter (3-1, McBookie, BetVictor)
- Newbury 2.0 – De Rasher Counter (13-8, Betfred)
- Lingfield 2.10 – Strategic Heights (4-1, McBookie, BetVictor)
Johnb's Friday Tips
- Lingfield 2.10 – Madrinho (7-2, L NB
- Newbury 2.30 – Kinkora Fort (5-2, P NAP
- Lingfield 3.50 – Fire Fighting (9-2, P
- Kempton 7.15 – Cristal Pallas Cat (11-1, P ew 1/4 odds 1-2