Despite so many special markets available the good old-fashioned Acca will still be as popular as ever with punters ahead of the Euro 2020 start this week. Mark Walker takes a look at the best bets based on the outcome of the Group stages.
Of the six Euro 2020 groups, only one section features a favourite that isn't odds-on, so it's not hard to see why punters feel they can gain an edge by mounting up the winners, or winners and qualifiers.
Italy from Group A, Belgium from Group B, Netherlands from Group C, England from Group D and Spain from Group E are all varying degrees of odds-on, in most cases unbackable unless you have a deep set of pockets.
In fact, only the Group of Death, Group F between France, Germany and Portugal, along with poor Hungary looks in question about who will top the group.
Using bet365 prices, an accumulator of Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, England and Spain pays just short of 6/1 and there will be plenty of punters who go for the jollies, but that does look very short indeed, given it's highly unlikely all favourites will oblige in what could be an ultra-competitive competition.
England, Italy and Spain look nailed-on certs to oblige though and that pays around 7/4 with the same firm which looks to be a solid shout.
When it comes to qualifying, it's best to look for some value. North Macedonia are playing in their first tournament and have been universally written off, but that's harsh. They're very decent.
They are in a group with the Dutch, who looks incredibly flaky, Ukraine, who struggle to score and an Austria side who have failed to impress and whose manager is under pressure.
Scotland also have a very reasonable chance of qualifying against the Czechs and the Croatians, both of whom are coming into this tournament lacking confidence.
The double of both Scotland and North Macedonia to qualify is worth a nibble at 13/2 with bet365.
Straight forecasts in the group are another popular bet. Italy have been hugely impressive recently under Roberto Mancini and for them to win the group and Turkey – who recently easily beat the Netherlands – to finish second, it's 13/5 with Paddy Power.
The dual forecast, where you can pick your top teams in whatever order, has only one section to offer value which is of course that Group of Death F.
Germany have far from impressed at all and this looks a tournament too far from them. The Portuguese are continually underestimated too, so try a dual forecast of France and Portugal at 11/4 with Paddy Power.
Euro 2020 Accumulator Tips
- England, Spain & Italy to win their Groups 7/4 bet365
- Scotland & North Macedonia to Qualify 13/2 bet365
- Italy, Turkey Straight Forecast 13/5 Paddy Power
- France, Portugal Dual Forecast 11/4 Paddy Power
Euro 2020 Previews
Our Euro 2020 Previews are almost complete. SlipsTips, KevMac and Mark Walker have looked at several angles of approach ahead of the big kick-off so don't miss their thoughts on where to place your hard-earned cash on the ante-post markets.
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group A – Wales Face Tough Route to Knock-Outs
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group B – Belgium To Dig Deep for Group Win
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group C – De Boer’s Men Have The Goal-den Dutch
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group D – Scots 6/4 to Make Some History
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group E – Spanish Eyes On Top of the Table
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group F – Ronaldo Still Key for Portu-goals
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group Stage Accumulator Bets
- Euro 2020 Tips: Player of the Tournament Predictions
- Euro 2020 Tips: Tournament Specials – Scots Can Break the Mould
- Euro 2020 Tips: Outright Winner – Formidable French The Ones to Beat