THE ground turned quite testing with the rain at Goodwood yesterday but that shouldn’t inconvenience TALAAQY (3.10).
He finished third to Godolphin duo Mesquite and Fountain Of Time at Chelmsford City 15 days ago but Talaaqy will appreciate this return to turf having won on soft at Catterick. Runner-up Angels has won easily since and is odds-on the land the finale at Pontefract this evening.
BOMBYX (3.45) was a little disappointing when chasing home Rastrelli at Newbury but the son of Derby winner Sir Percy will appreciate the step up in trip and the easy ground should be perfect.
SIR RICHARD KIMBLE (5.45) produced a much improved performance at Beverley when returned to faster ground and should go well under top weight at Haydock. Mark Johnston’s gelding finished well into third behind Neverbeen To Paris and that winner was a bit unlucky in defeat at Catterick yesterday.
BACACARAT (4.40) ran well in third in a hot race at Ascot (eighth horse Sing Out Loud won yesterday) and Andrew Balding’s colt should be on the premises.
- Goodwood 3.10 – Talaaqy (100-30, McBookie, Ladbrokes, Coral)
- Goodwood 3.45 – Bombyx (3-1, Ladbrokes)
- Haydock 5.45 – Sir Richard Kimble (5-1, Ladbrokes)
- Haydock 4.40 – Bacacarat (11-2, bet365)
Johnb's Friday Tips
- Haydock 2.55 – Beyond Equal (3-1, Sky Bet) NAP
- Goodwood 3.45 – Bombyx (3-1, L NB
- Haydock 5.45 – Pentland Hills (6-1,