CRITICAL THINKING (7.25) is worth supporting on an interesting evening card at Wolverhampton.
He was beaten more by the draw as anything else here five weeks ago and is much handier berthed this time. Critical Thinking had to be gunned out of the gate to overcome a wide pitch and was then sent for home too early by his young apprentice, weakening in the final 100 yards.
Steve Donohoe will be able to ride a more conventional race starting from stall two and this slightly shorter trip should suit as well.
MARATHA (7.55) is becoming something of a specialist at this 1m 1f trip and could well defy another slight rise in his handicap mark.
Stuart Williams' four-year-old quickened smartly to score from Perfect Soldier at the Christmas fixture and ran another cracker when making hot-pot Mount Tahan pull out all the stops in mid-January
RUN WITH PRIDE (8.25) is worth an each-way investment at odds of around 8-1.
Derek Shaw's sprinter ran third to improving Oriental Lilly at Newcastle a week ago and went down by a neck to Swendab here in December. Stall two is perfect.
- Wolverhampton 7.25 – Critical Thinking (3-1, Paddy Power)
- Wolverhampton 7.55 – Maratha (9-4, McBookie)
- Wolverhampton 8.25 – Run With Pride ew (8-1, McBookie, William Hill, Paddy Power)
Johnb's Wednesday Tips
- Fakenham 3:05 – Red Indian (11-8, P NAP
- Chelmsford City 4:30 – Muthraab Aldaar (2-1, Sky Bet) NB