LORD CAPRIO (5.45) should be as fresh as paint following a 77-day break and he looks a solid wager at Newcastle.
Ben Haslam's three-year-old is a dual course winner and he should have the measure of market rival Mr Carbonator, winner of three of his last four races.
Lord Caprio had Mr Carbonator back in 11th spot when they met here in mid-November off level weights. I'd say 6-4 was a fair price.
Having tipped VOLPONE JELOIS (4.45) at Taunton last week only to see him withdrawn, he'll be carrying my cash in the 1m 5f handicap at Chelmsford City.
If all eight runners go to post I'll be playing fairly big each-way at 4-1.
If you've been punting this week you hardly need me to point out Alan King's hot streak. The Scot has horses sprinkled all over today's cards and the stable is clearly worth watching.
- Newcastle 5.45 – Lord Caprio (6-4, general)
- Chelmsford City 4.45 – Volpone Jelois (4-1, Ladbrokes, William Hill)
Johnb's Friday Tips
- Chelmsford City 2.0 – Sonnet Rose (11-4, P NB
- Chelmsford City 3.10 – Carolinae (7-4, b NAP
- Kempton 4:35 – Ganache (5-1, P