RIVABODIVA (5.00) and 10lb conditional rider Thomas Willmott have struck up an excellent understanding and Lucinda Russell’s mare should go close in the 3m handicap hurdle.
Betting opportunities are thin on the ground with this Sunday card blighted by a shortage of runners but Rivadodiva had market rival Letmego back in sixth when scoring over course and distance. Letmego came out and won at Kelso over 3m 2f, so the form looks respectable.
The 3m handicap chase on desperate winter ground will not be pretty and FINAGHY AYR (4.30) will deserve plenty of plaudits if able to defy a big weight.
He ran second to Lochnell (runs 3.25) over course and distance at the New Year fixture, having earlier scored in the mud at Carlisle. Finaghy Ayr had Presented (third) and Smuggler’s Stash (sixth) in arrears
- Ayr 5.00 – Rivabodiva (11-4, general)
- Ayr 4.30 – Finaghy Ayr (5-2, general)
Johnb's Sunday Tips
- Punchestown 2:40 – Riders On the Storm 5-2
- Exeter 3:35 – Cloudy Bob 4-1
- Punchestown 4:20 – Folsom Blue 6-1 skybet eachway 1/5 odds 1-2-3-4-5-6 NAP/NB
- Punchestown 4:20 – Folsom to place first four 6-4