KINGS GOLD (2.45) can recover losses from Hamilton last week when he contests the 1m 4f handicap at Thirsk.
Michael Dods’s gelding had the misfortunate to meet a much-improved sort in Mitcd, attempting to concede a stone to the winner. If all 16 go to post he rates a solid each-way investment.
CALLIOPE (5.45) produced a fine effort at Wetherby in early May, leading over a furlong out before being swamped by Ingleby Hollow. She is back against her own sex in this fillies’ handicap and Ken Slack has found her a winning opportunity in a modest affair.
ASHAZURI (7.50) can make light of top weight in the 1m 2f fillies’ handicap at Lingfield.
She ran well at Newbury when third to in-form What A Welcome carrying a 6lb penalty for a course and distance victory six days earlier. Ashazuri had previously been beaten on the nod at Brighton and remains in good form.
CARAVELA (8.20) represents a bit of value as her fourth to Precious Ramotswe at Brighton was a fair effort, with the winner going on to land a Group 3 contest at York.
- Thirsk 2.45 – Kings Gold ew (7-1, Paddy Power)
- Thirsk 5.45 – Calliope (4-1, Ladbrokes)
- Lingfield 7.50 – Ashazuri (4-1, bet365)
- Lingfield 8.20 – Caravela (11-2, bet365)
Johnb's Tuesday Tips
- Thirsk 2.15 – Call Him Al 13-2 ew 1/5 odds 3 places
- Salisbury 3.30 – Scimitar 14-1 1/5 odds 4 places
- Southwell 8.10 – Wynford 7-1 ew 1/4 odds 3 places NAP
- Roscommon 8.30 – Kaiser Black 4-1 NB