CORONET (2.55) should get a decent pace to attack over a trip probably short of her very best in the Middleton Stakes at York.
She holds a neck verdict over Mori in the Ribblesdale Stakes at Royal Ascot and chased home Enable here in the Yorkshire Oaks. The extended 1m 6f St Leger trip overstretched Coronet’s stamina but she wasn’t disgraced in running fifth.
Chain Of Daisies likes to dominate and that should ensure an honest gallop, with Frankie Dettori poised to ride a waiting race on Coronet.
OCTOBER STORM (5.35) is another horse that needs to come late off a strong gallop and things went to plan over course and distance last October when edging out Arrowtown. John Egan was on board for that victory and is back on top here.
There are a couple of bets at Newmarket this evening. BURGONET (7.30) has twice been the bridesmaid for Mark Johnston but her short head defeat at the hands of Expensive Liaison at Beverley was a fine effort. She set out to make all and was only mugged in the last few strides.
MIDNIGHT WILDE (8.05) lost out to He’s Amazing in a photo finish over course and distance and John Ryan’s three-year-old can go one better under Silvestre De Sousa.
- York 2.55 – Coronet (5-2, Paddy Power)
- York 5.35 – October Storm (9-2, Coral, Ladbrokes, William Hill)
- Newmarket 7.30 – Burgonet (11-2, Ladbrokes, bet365)
- Newmarket 8.05 – Midnight Wilde (5-2, bet365, Paddy Power)
Johnb's Thursday Tips
- York 2.55 – Mori 11-4 NB
- York 4.05 – Third Time Lucky 10-1 eachway 1/5 odds 1-2-3
- York 5.05 – Lightning Attack 6-1
- York 5.05 – Lightning Attack to place 2/1 NAP