CHARLES MOLSON (2.00) bounced back to form over course and distance last time out and should go close at decent odds in the opener at Goodwood.
The gelding has dropped to his lowest mark in three years and he was unfortunate to meet Love Dreams in peak form when chasing home the Mark Johnston-trained winner 17 days ago. Love Dreams went on to contest a Group 3 contest at Epsom and Charles Molson doesn’t meet a rival of that class today.
VOLPONE JELOIS (2.35) is thriving on his racing judged on the grey’s emphatic recent Chepstow success. A 4lb rise may not stop his progress under Megan Nicholls and he should be capable of mastering Panko, a fine third to Jabbaar at Chester.
MANCINI (3.45) paid the price for his wide-margin Lingfield success, with the handicapper lumping another 8lb on his back. That was enough to stop his progress at Haydock when readily outpaced in the race won by The Grand Visir. That was a deeper contest than today’s and Mancini may be capable of bouncing back.
LORD VETINARI (5.30) looks a bit of value in the 7f handicap. Andrew Balding’s colt never showed in a hot York handicap last time but his previous form on the all-weather puts him bang in the firing line.
He finished second to Mosalim at Chelmsford City, with subsequent dual winner Mont Kinabalu held in third, while on his next start at Lingfield Lord Vetinari ran fourth to smart duo Emblazoned and Georgian Manor.
- Goodwood 2.00 – Charles Molson (11-2, bet365)
- Goodwood 2.35 – Volpone Jelois (5-2, bet365)
- Goodwood 3.45 – Mancini ew (7-1, Ladbrokes)
- Goodwood 5.30 – Lord Vetinari ew (7-1, bet365)
Johnb's Sunday Tips
- Goodwood 2.00 – Ateem 10-1 ew 1/5 odds 3 places
- Goodwood 2.35 – Miss M 15-2 1/5 odds 3 places
- Nottingham 3.30 – Company Asset 9-2 NAP
- Goodwood 3.45 – Chivers 6-1 ew 1/5 odds 3 places NB
- Nottingham 4.05 – Justanotherbottle 9-2 skybet