ACLIMATISE (3.45) was no match for Zabeel Star at Hamilton on Friday evening but he runs off a 2lb lower mark at Carlisle.
Mark Johnston’s handicappers are in red-hot form and this extended 7f trip on the quick ground he enjoyed when winning at Thirsk last July will see Aclimatise hard to beat.
UPTOWN FUNK (3.15) has been frustrating since joining Keith Dalgleish and often appears as if he is just going through the motions. There probably remains some latent talent just waiting to be exploited and a first-time hood may do the trick in this 2m 1f handicap.
At Leicester, Johnston’s MAKING MIRACLES (7.00) is turned out three days after just losing out to stablemate Baghdad in a thriller at York. He faces three opponents and should reward fairly short odds.
GENETICS (8.30) hasn’t progressed as expected since beating useful Raheen House in a Newbury maiden a couple of summers ago but a return to this faster ground should suit after his third to Roger Varian’s odds-on Fujaira Prince at Wetherby (good to soft).
X-Rated is handicapped to win for the Johnston team but the grey looked very one-paced when headed by Detachment at Beverley two weeks ago.
- Carlisle 3.45 – Aclimatise (100-30, bet365)
- Carlisle 3.15 – Uptown Funk ew (5-1, Paddy Power)
- Leicester 7.00 – Making Miracles (8-11, Ladbrokes)
- Leicester 8.30 – Genetics (7-2, bet365)
Johnb's Monday Tips
- Carlisle 4:45 – Ventura Gold 10-1 eachway 1/4 odds 3 places
- Windsor 6:45 – Crimean Queen 14-1 eachway 1/5 odds 3 places
- Leicester 8:30 – Sparte Quercus 10-1 eachway 1/5 odds 3 places