RAVEN BANNER (7.10) hasn’t been missed by the handicapper following her 10 lengths romp in first-time cheek-pieces at Doncaster but she is clearly thriving.
Ivan Furtado’s mare has been raised 12lb but the form of her earlier close second to course specialist Bartholomew J back in May has worked out well, suggesting Raven Banner could still be ahead of the game at Epsom this evening.
Locally-trained CORAZON ESPINADO (7.40) has acquitted himself well in higher grade since scoring over course and distance in April and Simon Dow’s colt makes plenty of appeal.
Karl Burke is worth following at Carlisle where he saddles DIZZY G (5.00) and HAVANA MARIPOSA (5.35) with decent prospects.
Dizzy G scored at Windsor and a fixed penalty couldn’t prevent her following up at Newbury 10 days later. She is clearly a filly right at home on fast ground and Clifford Lee takes off 3lb.
Havana Mariposa shaped well over course and distance when caught by Kalagia and she is another three-year-old filly open to some improvement.
- Epsom 7.10 – Raven Banner (7-4, Paddy Power)
- Epsom 7.40 – Corazon Espinado (5-2, Betfair)
- Carlisle 5.00 – Dizzy G (9-4, bet365)
- Carlisle 5.35 – Havana Mariposa (3-1, bet365)
Johnb's Thursday Tips
- Newmarket 2:25 – Advertise 6-4
- Newmarket 3:35 – Mirage Dancer 5-2 NAP
- Doncaster 5:45 – Poyle Charlotte 15-8 NB