MORTICIA (4.40) is back on course at Musselburgh after dropping out quickly as if something was amiss at York. Keith Dalgleish has given her 49 days to recover and she could back-up her previous Hamilton success if returning in the same form.
Morticia also boasts a very solid piece of form at Thirsk in June when a close fourth to Sir Michael Stoute’s Bedwyyah. The runner-up that day was Beauty Filly, an impressive Hamilton winner on Thursday, while Morticia also had four lengths in hand of Makawee, a Musselburgh scorer for David O’Meara earlier this month.
ARTARMON (5.15) has won three of his last four starts, the only defeat coming here over two miles. He set a strong gallop before being swallowed up by Timoshenko and Austrian School, and Michael Bell has wisely dropped Artarmon down in trip.
WHATSTHEMESSAGE (4.05) hasn’t cut the mustard this season and the handicapper has dropped her 2lb in what looks a slightly easier grade. This looks a trappy affair but Keith Dalgleish’s filly may be ready to click.
KINLOCH PRIDE (6.55) runs the track very well and hasn’t enjoyed a rub of the green on her last two visits. Noel Wilson’s mare was crowded out behind Primo’s Comet and it was a similar story when finishing third to Royal Brave. You need plenty of luck in these 5f sprints but Kinloch Pride seems to remain in good nick.
There are some low-grade handicaps to navigate and EVA DOC (5.45) would have a squeak on her neck second to Ascot Week here last month.
John Mackie’s POLYPHONY (6.20) was sent off favourite for a maiden handicap at Ripon, finishing fourth, and this extra furlong may help his filly from a favourable draw.
- Musselburgh 4.40 – Morticia (7-1, bet365)
- Musselburgh 4.05 – Whatsthemesage (11-4, Ladbrokes)
- Musselburgh 5.15 – Artarmon (2-1, Marathonbet)
- Musselburgh 5.45 – Eva Doc ew (15-2, Betfair)
- Musselburgh 6.20 – Polyphony (2-1, BetVictor)
- Musselburgh 6.55 – Kinloch Pride (9-2, bet365)
Alan's other tips
- Doncaster 3.35 – Kew Gardens (11-4, Skybet)
- Doncaster 1.50 – Marnie James ew (25-1, bet365)
- Doncaster 2.25 – D’Bai (5-1, William Hill)
- Chester 2.40 – Blakeney Point (3-1, Coral)
- Chester 2.05 – Project Bluebook (11-2, bet365)