AND then there were five… Czech Republic’s unlikely comeback must have been agonising for @essexboy93 and mclachlan4797 who had both chosen Croatia on Day 7 of the competition. That means just five go forward to Day 8.
Wins for Spain and Italy ensured @abbebrown9, @homicide_17, @mickey, @rodgy and @clairem55 progressed and now we’re down to the business end of the competition. None of them can afford to make a mistake since they’ve all played their Second Chance card.
It’s a good time to clarify how the competition will play out from here;
- If only 1 person picks a winner on Day 8 they will win the top prize. The remaining prizes will be divided among the 4 other members.
- If 2, or 3 people pick a winner on Day 8 they will progress to Day 9. The remaining prizes will be divided among the 2 or 3 other members.
- If 4 people pick a winner on Day 8 they will progress to Day 9. The person who picked a loser will exit the competition.
- If all 5 people pick a winner on Day 8 they will all progress to Day 9.
- If no-one picks a winner on Day 8 all five will re-enter the competition for Day 9.
We’ve another three fixtures to choose from on Day 8 and none look particularly easy to call. It could be an interesting day.
The Last Man Standing Competition was open to Basic (Free), Silver and Gold Members. All the details, rules and prizes can be found here.
Here are Saturday’s fixtures from which you need to pick either a home win, away win or a draw from just ONE match.
Day 8 Fixtures
- 14:00 Belgium 5/6 Draw 12/5 Rep of Ireland 15/4
- 17:00 Iceland 7/4 Draw 2/1 Hungary 15/8
- 20:00 Portugal 1/1 Draw 23/10 Austria 16/5
All entries must be submitted as a comment to this post before kick-off in your selected match and should look something like this; (If you’re using your Second Chance card please say so in your post).
- Portugal 1/1