IN just under 24 hours the biggest ever competition on MrFixitsTips kicks off!
In “12 Plays of Christmas” Silver and Gold Members will get the chance to play for a massive £1,000 in time for Christmas.
The competition is kindly sponsored by our friends at Skybet and with daily prizes and a £500 Grand Prize up for grabs you could be quids in this Christmas time.
The competition will be a kind of ‘last man standing’ format where you need to pick one correct selection from a list of selected matches each day to remain in the competition. Choose the biggest-priced winner on that day and you could win a Daily Prize from £10 to £150.
How it Works
I’ll post 5 matches at midnight each night, all you need to do is pick either a home win, away win or draw for ONE of those matches and if it wins you’ll progress to the next day. Those who pick the biggest winners enter the draw to win that day’s Daily Prize. If you pick a loser you’re out – unless you still have your ‘Second Chance’ card to play. That entitles you to re-enter the competition once if you get one wrong.
Keep picking winners and if you’re still in the competition after 12 days you’ll be the last man standing. Of course, you may not be alone and if there’s more than one last man standing after 12 days then a series of criteria will determine the winner. In the event of a tie after Day 12 the member who has not used their ‘Second Chance’ card will be the winner. If none or more than one member has used their ‘Second Chance’ card the winner will be the member who has achieved the highest accumulated odds across all their winning selections. If there is still a tie then I’ll set a tie-breaker to decide the winner.
What happens if everyone is out before the 12th day?
If all members have been eliminated before the 12th day the competition will start again and will be open to all Silver and Gold members once more.
What happens if I miss Day 1?
If you do not submit a selection for day you will be deemed to have posted a loser. You can still enter on Day 2 by using your ‘Second Chance’ card but you will not be able to use it again.
- The competition will take the format of a “last man standing” competition. That means you need to pick a winning selection each day to stay in the competition. If your selection loses you can play your “Second Chance” card ONCE to get back in the competition the next day. If your “Second Chance” selection loses you will be out of the competition.
- Each night at 11pm I’ll post five fixtures for the following day. You must clearly choose a home win, away win or a draw for ONE of those fixtures by leaving a comment on the post for that day. All entries must be posted before kick-off of the member’s chosen match.
- The competition will run for 12 days, from Tuesday, December 8 until Sunday, December 20.
- Daily prizes will be awarded to one member who has chosen the winning selection at the highest odds that day. If more than one member has chosen the winning selection at the highest odds, a draw among those members will determine the prize winners. My decision will be final.
- If any member becomes the ‘last man standing’ before Day 12 they will automatically be awarded the Grand Prize. No Daily Prize will be awarded that day. The competition will restart the following day so that Daily Prizes can be won.
- In the event that there is more than one last man standing at the end of December 20 the Grand Prize will be awarded firstly to the member who has not used their “Second Chance” card. If there remains a tie the Grand Prize will be awarded to the member who has not used the “Second Chance” card and achieved the highest accumulated odds across all their winning selections during the competition. After that a tie-breaker will be held to determine the winner.
- This competition is only open to Silver and Gold Members.
- Prizes will be awarded within 28 days of the competition’s closing date on December 20 2015.
There is a total of £1,000 (Paid in free bets at Skybet*) to be won with prizes awarded each day to one member. The Grand Prize will be awarded to the ‘last man standing’ at the end of Day 12.
- Day 1 – £10
- Day 2 – £10
- Day 3 – £20
- Day 4 – £20
- Day 5 – £30
- Day 6 – £30
- Day 7 – £40
- Day 8 – £40
- Day 9 – £50
- Day 10 – £100
- Day 11 – £150
- Grand Prize – £500
* Skybet have yet to confirm if prizes will be in free bets or cash. As soon as we know we’ll post an update.
There will also be a number of spot prizes up for grabs during the 12 days so even if you’re eliminated you can still win by taking part in this element of the competition so keep checking any ’12 Days of Christmas’ posts when you see them on the site.
The first round of fixtures will be posted on the site at midnight tonight so keep your eyes peeled.