NFL Playoffs

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of wasclueless wasclueless 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Jordan jordan 
    Participant

Playoffs

Before you read this the spread has already gone back up to 4.5 at Skybet but can still get -4 at other bookmakers for a shorter price. http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl/seattle-seahawks-at-minnesota-vikings/point-spread

Seahawks/Vikings

Can’t believe what I’m seeing to be honest here. The Seahawks/Vikings spread is now down to -4 for Seattle. It could go down more which would be handy, but I’m going to take this now. When these two met in week 13, Peterson ran for 18, yes, EIGHTEEN yards. Last week in Green Bay he was coming in with a sore back and missed the majority of the second half. I’ve suffered back pain in my years, but back pain in 0 degree weather? No thanks.

A few things people would take into account is that Seattle are on b2b road trips but it doesn’t make it a huge factor such as NBA teams as the rest periods are longer. Timezone is another factor but when Seattle came and blew out the Vikes it was a 6:00PM GMT kickoff, it’ll be 5 minutes later this weekend. Weather is another factor. This game could possibly be the coldest NFL game in history (I heard that on a preview, unsure if its true) but either way the forecast is set to a ridiculous -19 degrees in Minneapolis with a small chance of rain (which will obviously be snow). It doesn’t get that cold in Seattle but it is cold, and Russell Wilson used to play for the badgers in Wisconsin, so he’s known cold weather before.

Peterson

Minnesota did beat my Packers on Sunday, and congrats to them. But it wasn’t a dominating victory. In fact if Aaron Rodgers hadn’t of fumbled for a TD or thrown an interception when James Jones was wide open, we may not have even been talking about this game as Seattle would have been heading to Green Bay. The Packers dominated the stats in time of possession, yards and first downs, but ultimately didn’t score as many points when mattered.

Wilson

Teddy Bridgewater has been ok for Minnesota this year, his first full season, but not great. Statistically, the Vikings could be the worst team in the playoffs, ranking 29th in total offense, and 13th in total defense. If the Seahawks can shutdown Peterson again and force Teddy to win it for Minnesota, they’ll be in big trouble in my opinion. Back when Seattle won in the blowout, they weren’t as high in the offense and defensive rankings as they are now. 2nd in total defense and 4th in total offense, with whispers of Marshawn Lynch returning to practice this week (now probable) he might not be 100% to go, but even with him taking some snaps, Wilson in perhaps the best form of his career, and Seattle playing lights out on the defensive end, I think this points to an easy Seattle win, despite what the number are doing.

NFL Wildcard – Seattle Seahawks @ Minnesota Vikings – Sunday – 6:05PM

Seattle Seahawks -4 @ 10/11 @ Skybet – 22 points

Profile photo of Jordan jordan 
    Participant

Reed

NFL – Sunday – 9:40PM

Jordan Reed (Washington Redskins) Over 57.5 Receiving Yards @ 5/6 @ Paddy Power – 2.4 points (Over 55.5 @ 1.85 @ Bwin which I’ll throw another 2.5 points at)

Might put more on depending how the Seahawks game goes. Packers stats will show they have been fairly good against Tight Ends this season, but we have had a kind schedule against them. However, teams that do use Tight Ends more in their offense (San Diego, Denver) have had a lot of success. On Sunday we’ll be up against one of the rising stars in the league in Jordan Reed. Reed led the Redskins in targets, catches, yards, yards per catch, yards after catch, yards per game, first downs, 20+ yard receptions and TD’s. Fair to say he’s Kirk Cousins go to guy.

Profile photo of wasclueless wasclueless 
    Participant

Nice write ups Jordan … also read about the weather in Minneapolis – with wind chill they are predicting it could feel like -29C !! “Frostbite will occur quickly to any exposed skin and both fans and players will have to prepare accordingly,” … brrrr !! Good luck with your bets.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

About MrFixitsTips  |  FAQs  |  Support  |  Contact Us  |  Gamble Aware  |  Privacy Policy  | Part of the Gambla Network ©2017 12th Man Media Ltd.

Forgot your details?