8th March Ace's Tips Hero Indian Open

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of aceventurer aceventurer 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of aceventurer aceventurer 

The European Tour is on the move again this week, from South Africa to India for the Hero Indian Open in New Delhi. Defending champion SSP Chawrasia returns to the DLF Country Club to try and win the Indian Open for the third consecutive year. Since it’s inaugural year in 2015, home players have dominated, with Chawrasia and Lahiri winning three times between them.

Course: DLF Golf & Country Club: 2379 yards, Par 72.

This course can be a bit of a brute at times with narrow fairways water in play on six holes, including the par 3 5th which is an island hole, large bunkers and undulating greens. Driving accuracy and Putts per Round are important stats.

Along with Chawrasia and Lahiri, the man everyone is talking about at the moment, Shubanker Sharma, who has won twice already on the European Tour, is appearing along with Emiliano Grillo and Joost Luiten. So not a bad turnout. Sharma is favourite but I think his performance in last week’s WGC-Mexican Championship, where he finished T9, might have taken too much out of him.

Even although it looks a stick on for a home result I quite fancy American Paul Peterson. He plays mostly on the Asian Tour but won the D+D REAL Czech Masters on the European Tour in 2016. He finished T11 in the Maybank Championship in the first week of February when hitting a 65 in the third round. At the moment he is third in the Asian Tour behind Sharma and Aphibarnrat and a win here wouldn’t be out of the question.
    Driving Accuracy: 62.15% (20th) Putts per Round: 31.14 (128th)

A Indian who has great form in this tournament is Anirban Lahiri. With a win, two seconds and a fifth finish in the last four years he is certainly worth looking at. Lahiri has been playing a lot in the States this season with not a lot of success but he has only missed one cut. When you look at his stats on the PGA Tour it doesn’t look too good but being back on home soil could give him a boost.

Driving Accuracy: 57.14% (136th) Putts per Round: 29.10 (89th)

It tooks me a while to choose between Scott Jamieson and Chris Wood for my third pick. It really boils down to the fact that Jamieson finished T3 here last year and Wood hasn’t played here before. I also think that the Scot just edges the tall Englishman on form this year. His seventh place in South Africa last week was came from four sub-70 rounds. Also his stats look solid for the DLF G&CC.

Driving Accuracy: 52.4% (47th) Putts per Round: 28.6 (8th)

1.50 ew Paul Peterson (WilliamHill 35-1)
    1.50 ew Anirban Lahiri (Coral 12-1)
    1.50 ew Scott Jamieson (PaddyPower 30-1)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

About MrFixitsTips  |  FAQs  |  Support  |  Contact Us  | 18+  Gamble Aware  |  Privacy Policy  | Part of the Gambla Network ©2018 12th Man Media Ltd.

All odds are correct at time of publishing and are subject to change.

Forgot your details?