8th June Ace's Tips Fed-Ex St Jude's Classic

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of aceventurer aceventurer 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of aceventurer aceventurer 

This week is the last Tour event before the US Open and it shows with only four of the top 20 world ranking players taking part. Having said that the four are players that could be in consideration for next week, Dustin Johnson, Henrik Stenson, Phil Mickelson and Brooks Koepka.
    The TPC Southwind is quite a tight course but it doesn’t seem to hamper the golfers too much. But with smaller than average greens, which run at around 12 on the stimpmeter, Greens in Regulation are probably the most relevant stat. Although not a long course it doesn’t yield birdies to easily and Par 4 Scoring is another stat to look at.

Course: TPC Southwind, Memphis, Tennessee: 7,244 yards, Par 70

BROOKS KOEPKA
    I am quite apprehensive about selecting Koepka this week as he will be my main main in the US OPEN at Shinnecock but he looks so good just now I can’t omit him. Coming back from injury he has just got better and better in his three outings (T42-T11-2). His second place at Fort Worth included two 63s and he just looked so solid that week. He has good form at Southwind with a third and second place from his last four outings there and his scoring average on the Memphis course is an average of 68.56. I have been a keen follower of the Floridian for a few years, infact from his time on the Asian and European Tours, and although I shall be on him big time next week he can’t be ignored here.

*GIR: 70.00% *PAR 4 Scoring: 3.96

PETER UIHLEIN
    After three missed cuts Uihlein has suddenly come into form with two fifth place finishes either side of a T21 at the Byron Nelson, where he really didn’t do much wrong. Uihlein is another I have watched come through Asian and European Tours and I rate him highly. He has the capability to hit a low round as was shown at Wells Fargo when he shot a 62 in the third round. A bogey free fourth round 66 finished off a good Memorial last week when he was fifth. With a lot of the big guns absent this week it could be Uihlein’s chance to get his first Tour win.

GIR: 68.91% (37th) PAR 4 Scoring: 3.99 (18th)

TONY FINAU
    Coming off his sixth top 25 in seven starts and a T13 at the Memorial Tony Finau is making his tournament debut. He has had a pretty good season so far with five top sixes, also T10 at the Masters which included a 66 in the final round. There’s a lot to like about Finau just now and this course will suit him.

GIR: 69.15% (33rd) PAR 4 Scoring: 4.02 (54th)
    1.50 ew Brooks Koepka (Betfred 10-1) Pays 7
    1.50 ew Peter Uihlein (Betfair 33-1) Pays 7
    1.50 ew Tony Finau (Betfair 20-1) Pays 7

• This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Mr Fixit mr-fixit.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

About MrFixitsTips  |  FAQs  |  Support  |  Contact Us  | 18+  Gamble Aware  |  Privacy Policy  | Part of the Gambla Network ©2018 12th Man Media Ltd.

All odds are correct at time of publishing and are subject to change.

Forgot your details?