4th Jan 4th Ace's Tips Tournament of Champions

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of aceventurer aceventurer 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of aceventurer aceventurer 

Happy New Year to everyone and here’s looking forward to a year of great golf…. and great tipping.

The Tournament of Champions invites 32 winners on the PGATour in 2016, to Kapalua, Maui, Honolulu. The Plantation Course is a 7452 yard par 73 which has some of the most breathtaking views on the PGA Tour.

Jordan Spieth looks to be the first back-to-back winner of the Tournament of Champions since Geoff Ogilvy in 2009-10 season. His eight stroke victory last year over defending champion was spectacular becoming only the second man (Ernie Els being the other) to reach -30 in a 72-hole event.

There are two other former champions in the field, Patrick Reed and Dustin Johnson, which also includes world number one Jason Day, and the man in form at the tail end of last year, Hideki Matsuyama.
    With only 32 players taking part, the odds are very short so the top four don’t look very good value, therefore I’m leaving Matsuyama out of my picks, regrettably.

I think experience is the key element here and, I know it’s early in the season, some sort of form. With that in mind I like the look of Patrick Reed. In his last eight rounds he has averaged 67.63 and certainly looks like he’s playing well. Last season he had good early form, while playing a lot of Asia. He was also runner up to Spieth here after winning the year before. I have no hesitation in making him my first selection of the new year.

Jimmy Walker is another one with good form here. A top ten finish last year was preceded by a top five the year before and he came good near the end of last season when he won the PGA Championship and finished third in the Deutsche Bank in September.

I might also have a small wager on Korean Si-Woo Kim for no other reason than he looks a real good player. He played in the Sony Open in Hawaii in January last year, finishing fourth, and went on to win the Wyndham in August. Might just be worth a small punt.

1.50 ew Patrick Reed (Betfred 14-1)
    1.50 ew Jimmy Walker (WilliamHill 33-1)
    1.00 ew Si-Woo Kim (Ladbrokes 50-1)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

About MrFixitsTips  |  FAQs  |  Support  |  Contact Us  |  Gamble Aware  |  Privacy Policy  | Part of the Gambla Network ©2017 12th Man Media Ltd.

Forgot your details?