31st Aug Ace's Tips D+D REAL Czech Masters

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of aceventurer aceventurer 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of aceventurer aceventurer 

The fourth renewal of the D+D REAL Czech Masters returns to the 7467 yards, par 72, Albatross Course, near Prague. The course opened in 2010 and has been the host course since then. It’s a long course with average fairways and bentgrass greens, which usually run around 12 on the stimpmeter. Driving distance and putting average stats are worth looking at.
    This week is also the start of the race for automatic qualification to the Ryder Cup team so with a weak field now is the time for some of guys to start accumulating their points.

I expect to see a lot of Englishman Jordan Smith over the next year at the top end of the leaderboard. He was the Challenge Tour Rankings winner last year and came storming out of the blocks this year, finishing third at the BMW SA Open in only his third event on Tour. He already has claimed his first European Tour win this season, beating my tip Alexander Levy in a play-off for the Porsche European Open at the end of July. The 24-year-old also shared ninth place with Jason Day, Matt Kuchar and Chris Stroud in the USPGA. Not bad for your first start in a Major.

Driving Distance: 298.60 yards (56th) Average Putts Per Round: 29.68 (131st)

I was only going to pick one selection here this week but I can’t not give a mention to Callum Shinkwin. The 24-year-old certainly set the heather alight at Dundonald in the Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open in July. He only needed a par at the last to win but instead of laying up he went for it and pulled his approach shot. Playing the same hole in the play-off his approach shot landed in roughly the same area with the same bogey result and Cabrera Bello walked away with the win. Mr Fixit and Desmond 2+2 had walked round with the Englishman and were impressed enough that Desmond backed him at silly odds. Don’t think Desmond has got over it yet, even if Callum is attached to his old golf club. I think a small wager might be fruitful.

Driving Distance: 301.8 yards (31st) Average Putts Per Round: 29.6 (110th)

1.50 ew Jordan Smith (Ladbrokes 14-1)
    1.00 ew Callum Shinkwin (Coral 50-1)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

About MrFixitsTips  |  FAQs  |  Support  |  Contact Us  | 18+  Gamble Aware  |  Privacy Policy  | Part of the Gambla Network ©2018 12th Man Media Ltd.

All odds are correct at time of publishing and are subject to change.

Forgot your details?