21st June Ace's Tips Travellers Championship

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of aceventurer aceventurer 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of aceventurer aceventurer 

It was great to see my selection Brooks Koepka retain his US Open title last week. It was a superb performance by the Floridian and he joins 48 other US Open participants for this week’s Travellers Championship at New England’s TPC River Highlands. The course is lush parkland and sits above the Connecticut River and is only a hop, skip and jump from last week’s US Open at Shinnicock Hills. Renowned for low scoring so we should see a birdie-fest this week.

COURSE: TPC River Highlands: 6,841 yards; Par 70

BRYSON DECHAMBEAU
    After watching Bryson DeChambeau in the 2015 Walker Cup I’ve been following his progress with interest. Nicknamed the ‘Mad Scientist’ by some he has a completely different approach to the game. For a start all his irons are the same length, 37 ½ inches, which is the length of a seven iron. Also all his clubs have names (I’ll not tell you what I call mine), his six iron is called ‘Juniper’ after the sixth hole at Augusta National. After turning pro in 2016 he took part in both the Masters and the US Open which resulted in T21 and T15. In 2017 he had 16 missed cuts yet still won the John Deere Classic in July. This year he has been impressive with five top tens and a win at the Memorial earlier this month. Has all the qualifications to be a top top player over the next few years.

Greens in Regulation: 69.22% (21st) Putting Average: 1.772 (T86th)

EMILIANO GRILLO
    Another I’ve been following since he came on Tour is Argentinian Emiliano Grillo. Backed him when he won the Frys.com in his first tournament on the Tour and think he has a lot of promise. This year has been very up and down but has only missed the cut twice from 18 tournaments, one of which was last week at the US Open. He played here last year, finishing 41, but I think the course suits his game and I fancy a good result for the Floridian resident.

Greens in Regulation: 69.36% (17th) Putting Average: 1.746 (28th)
    1.50 ew Bryson DeChambeau (PaddyPower 28-1) Pays 8
    1.50 ew Emiliano Grillo (PaddyPower 50-1) Pays 8

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

About MrFixitsTips  |  FAQs  |  Support  |  Contact Us  | 18+  Gamble Aware  |  Privacy Policy  | Part of the Gambla Network ©2018 12th Man Media Ltd.

All odds are correct at time of publishing and are subject to change.

Forgot your details?