18th Jan Ace's Tips CareerBuilder Challenge

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of aceventurer aceventurer 4 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of aceventurer aceventurer 

This is the third year in a row that the PGA WEST Stadium Course, PGA WEST’s Nicklaus Tournament Course and La Quinta CC co-host the CareerBuilder Challenge. All the pros team up with a professional and they play each course when a 54-hole cut of low 70s and ties will move back to the Stadium Course for the final round.
    Stadium Golf Course: 7,300 yards, par 72
    Rated one of the ’top 100 courses in the world’ by Golf Magazine, the Stadium also rated fourth ‘toughest course in the USA by Golf Digest, is a great challenge. The Pete Dye designed course sculpted spectator seating in the natural terrain, making it feel like a ‘stadium’ at times, hence the name. There is not easy finish on this course with the island green of the 17th, and the water lined 18th. There are also five sets of tees which will really test the players.
    Nicklaus Tournament Course: 7204 yards, par 72
    The Tournament Course was designed by Jack Nicklaus and has two island greens. This is a ball striker’s course and although forgiving off the tee it can very demanding around the greens.
    La Quinta Country Club: 7060 yards, par 72
    There are five lakes on the La Quinta Country Club course and come into play on seven holes. Some of the professionals have called the greens ‘some of the finest on Tour’.
    I have to go with two of my selections from last week. The first is Brian Harman, played really well at the Sony Open opening with 64 and 63 for the first two rounds. He just couldn’t buy a putt in the final two rounds but his GIR stats were brilliant with an 83.33% average for the last 18 holes. His form at the moment is nothing short of amazing with four top five finishes and a T8 in his last five outings and is sitting on a total of 56 under. In his last two appearances at the CareerBuilders he’s finished T11 and T3, both at 18 under (270).
    GIR: 78.61 (5th) Strokes Gained: Putting: 1.056 (12th)
    I said last week that Kevin Kisner ticked all the boxes for the Sony Open and he did. His stats for the tourney were what I expected with the exception of the third round when he was also struggling a bit on the greens. He started last week 68, 64 but a third round 71 put him out of the running but a 67 in the fourth left him T24, on 10 under. He was one of my Players to Watch this year and I see no reason not to pick him again this week. He is going to be a true force in the game and will improve on his one win last season.
    GIR: 73.6% (T44th) Strokes Gained: Putting: 1.301 (6th)
    1.50 ew Brian Harman (16-1 888sport)
    1.50 ew Kevin Kisner (20-1 Bet365)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

About MrFixitsTips  |  FAQs  |  Support  |  Contact Us  | 18+  Gamble Aware  |  Privacy Policy  | Part of the Gambla Network ©2018 12th Man Media Ltd.

All odds are correct at time of publishing and are subject to change.

Forgot your details?